The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 5 - 15 minute gift bag.

Day 5 starts off with an old pair of cord pants I used to wear at Uni. I loved them so much. I had already used half a leg to make something else a few years ago but kept the rest in my craft cupboard.

Juliet and I are going to a birthday party for a 6 year old girl today, so I decided to make a simple gift bag for her present.

Craft cupboard materials

- old cords
- ricrac trim

All I did here was cut the bottom of the jeans off, the sides were already sewn so I sewed the bottom up, tucked the top over to neaten it and sewed on some ricrac for handles. You don't need a sewing machine for this - you could just hand sew there is so little sewing required.

My five year old loves it and it's bright and happy.

Off to the party we go.



No comments:

Post a Comment