The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 194 - Footy Fever


It's AFL grand final day here. It's a pretty big deal. Although I'm not really into either team this year, it's traditional to have grand final BBQ's and to choose a side. We are going around to a friend's house to watch the game.

Way back in primary school there was a boy who supported the same team as me (Richmond Tigers). Tragically, he did the unthinkable and changed teams to a more successful team, and I never forgave him this sin. :-) This team is playing in the grand final today, so for no other reason, I decided to support the opposing team, which happens to be the Sydney Swans. Even though they are an interstate team. It's the lesser of two evils really.

In spite of not really caring about the outcome, I did some footy craft today to support my team for the day.

I made some cupcakes, cut strips of paper and made little flags, and some extremely kitch earrings from 1980's telephone buttons. Why not?





Also I wanted to share my latest op shop find - this amazing vintage fabric stash. I can't wait to make some things with these. Very exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment