The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 234 - Little Golden Book Birdhouse


I picked up these very old and a bit shabby looking little golden books from the op shop last week with the idea of making a few things. I had seen a book birdhouse on pinterest and wanted to give it a go. A wooden birdhouse was used as a base and then pretty book pictures were decoupaged on. I didn't want to buy a book house so I decided to make my own cardboard one from some boxes we had around home.



Then a little bit of glue underneath and on top of some book pages.


Let the glue dry and then I put some varnish on top to protect it a little.



And my birdhouse is complete. I will be sorting out some other crafts with my little golden books in the next week or so.




5 comments:

  1. This is so cute. What a lovely addition to a child's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I think it would be easy to make an adult-decorated one, too, using images from fashion magazines, etc.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you could make one with really pretty scrap booking papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erica. Such lovely colours in the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete