The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 254 - Recycled book page Christmas decorations.


This year I've decided to make all of our Christmas decorations using recycled materials. Today is my first effort, using recycled book pages to make these onion shaped hanging decorations.

First I cut strips in three different lengths.


Then I glued the strips at the top and bottom so that they looked like this, with the shortest strip in the middle.

Finished! I punched a hole in the top to hang them.

 My little golden book paper was a little too thin so I glued two layers together to give each strip a bit more body, and hung them up using some metallic thread.


They are hard to photograph properly, but they do look quite good.







7 comments:

  1. I love these, and am planning on trying to make some myself on my days off this week. Not having any kids' books around, I'm going to try it with magazine pages, and hope they are strong enough.

    The shadow box is great, and I can see how it makes you smile. So it does serve a purpose and a very important one, too. "Might" try that with a Chrismasy theme to it.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce. I've missed your 'voice' this past week. Hope you've been well. I'd love to see some of your creations some day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great and remind me of the cool decorations that we had back in the 70's. They are so simple but they look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mezzy. Yes very simple, might get the kids to do some too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's so nice that you missed my voice, thank you. I've been well, but awfully tired...work has been hectic. Maybe some day you can see my stuff, but it's not as creative as yours is. You have a wonderful imagination, a truly creative mind. I generally have to depend on other people for ideas, and then recreated them my own way. Not really original at all, sigh.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

  6. You are too kind. I copy stuff too :-) Tomorrow I have something in mind to copy actually. My brain is melting from the heat right now. Glad you have been well, if tired. Lots going on this time of year.

    ReplyDelete