The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 321 - Pretty decoupage shoes


Since the 2 big kids have been back at school (three days last week) I have a little bit more time to think, to have thoughts of my own. More ideas for projects have been coming into my head now, after a month or two of struggling. 

Today's inspiration comes from this stunning pair of boots by Michal Negrin. Seen here on polyvore. Brought to my attention by PenelopeHangerRefashions facebook page. They are simply stunning, but at $800 a pair, the likelihood of me ever owning a pair is reduced to a zero.


I purchased these comfortable but boring and plain shoes from an op shop about 4 months ago for $3, with the idea of a decoupage project, but no idea what to use to decorate them. Awesome! Now I had an idea. OK so they're not boots, but we are in the middle of the hottest summer on record where I live, so boots are not really a happening thing right now.


I printed and cut out some pretty pages I found using google images.


Glue. I put masking tape on the rubber around the sole first to minimise glue drops where they weren't wanted.

 These have been glued under and over the pictures.


 After the glue dried I applied 4 coats of polyurethane gloss. I've got a crush on these shoes now.



They went outside to see what a gorgeous day it is today.






8 comments:

  1. Wow, Sharon, those shoes are amazing. I like them a lot more than Negrin's boots, as his boots are just too "loud."

    The dust jacket in the embroidery hoop is cute, too. You had fun the past couple days, eh?

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thankyou. I really love them. Yes, lots of fun Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful. I want try it to do the same. (Merveilleux ! Je veux essayer d'en faire ) Thank's for this idea (merci pour l'idée)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome DIY project, they look great! Just found your blog, definitely adding to my blogroll :)
    ...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. I like how you have been inspired by the expensive boots and created your own quirky romantic nostalgic version at a refashioners bargain price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. I'd be wearing those shoes now if it wasn't so hot. :-)

    ReplyDelete