The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 331 - Map of hearts

Valentines day is almost upon, and although I'm not hugely into it, I thought I would do something small and silly.

I found this guide to winning scrabble at the op shop the other day in the half price shelf, for $1.50. Mr Crafty and I used to play scrabble a bit, but he could never beat me, so it ended up becoming a bit of a thing. Most of the time these days we are too tired to do much at night but it would be fun to play some games together again, and I thought he might get a bit of a giggle from the book.



I decided to wrap it using some of an old map (used last week too).

I made some hearts to go on top. It was really easy.

First I cut strips about 1cm wide and folded them in half. Mine were about 15cm long.


Then I used a little bit of tape to stick together the two ends, then poked the creased bit at the top downwards to make a heart shape as shown below. I put a little bit of tape near the top of the heart here to make it stay in the heart shape. You can see the tape in the picture.


And here's a completed heart.


And then I glued them to the top of my wrapped book.


2 comments: