The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 328 - Liam's 'old school' costume


Liam's costume is now complete. First I made him these long shorts. (some errors were made in the production of these shorts).


Then I got one of James' old shirts and simply overlocked all the way from the cuff, up under the armpit and back down to the bottom of the shirt to make it a bit smaller, then hacked off the bottom and some of the sleeve and turned the sleeves to make a bit of a cuff.

I bought this waistcoat at the op shop and was going to alter it, but I think it looks quite cute being oversized,  and I expect back then lots of clothes would have been ill fitting hand me downs.

I'm loving him in this.





3 comments:

  1. OMG! I can see him on the streets of New York City, during the 1920's and 30's, hawking newspapers: "Extra! Extra!! Read all about it!!" You did a fabulous job, I love it. Tell him he looks fantastic, please.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass it on thanks Joyce. He is pretty happy. We are just hoping it's not going to be too hot for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had also meant to tell you that doing the first two photos in sepia was extraordinary, perfect touch for the costume.

    ReplyDelete