The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 325 - A bonnet - repurposed old bed sheet


Wow! It's been such a busy week, but busy awesome. Lots going on with the kids as the year gets going, and Aidan starting preschool, a gym class and swimming lessons. I'm feeling very lucky right now, but I sure have been falling into bed each night in a state of exhaustion.

The heat is still on in a big way, and it seems like such a huge chunk of our state has burnt, floods and cyclones up north, these are crazy times. We can't get a drop of rain in our part of the world, and will have to order in some water for our tanks some time in the next week.

The kids have some celebrations happening next week as the school turns 140. On Thursday they are dressing up in 'olden day clothes' and experiencing the classroom of the past.

I've been busy working out what they should wear. Emphasis is not really on authenticity of the era, it's just a bit of fun.

Today I made Juliet a bonnet using this super easy to follow tutorial. I used an old bed sheet for the fabric and some tartan ribbon that has been around for decades for the ties. I think it looks adorable, but she thinks it looks like a baby so I am still trying to convince her to wear it. We started watching Anne of Green Gables today to see if it would help persuade her. It's one of my all time favourites. I'd love to be Anne's bosom buddy :-).

What do you think?








2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It will go really well with the long skirt you made for the celebration. Tell Miss Juliet that she does NOT look babyish in it...she looks like a young pioneer girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I might have to see if I can show her one of my favourite shows as a kid - Little House on the Prairie.

    ReplyDelete