The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Day 208 - Little Golden Book Bunting.


We love books in our house and have hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful and well loved children's books. Sometime I come across one that has been damaged, or that we bought second hand with damage done to it.

I have been thinking of a way to recycle this particular book for a while, and decided today to combine my love for bunting with my love for children's books.

The book in question.

A scribbled on page.


This was so easy to make.

I cut out identical shapes from all of the pages. I chose this shape because it showed off the pictures best and didn't waste too much of the page.

Then I simply sewed it to some ric rac with a small zig zag stitch. If you can't sew a hot glue gun would work just as well.

I love it! Aidan had a bare wall in his room that it's just perfect for. The pictures are so bright, interesting and colourful.







2 comments: