I started this one yesterday and had to be patient in letting a couple of layers of glue dry, and finished them this morning in the beautiful sunshine. These are some old placemats that were looking very shabby where some of the paper covering had ripped. I decided to give them a bit of a renovation.
Placemats (wedding present from 9 and a half years ago).
Paper - map of Bangkok from our recent trip, and free posters from my 'Frankie' magazine.
Gluing - I used decoupage glue and glued the paper to the placemats, then put a couple of layers of glue on top of the paper too. Then I sprayed the top with a little clear varnish (non toxic).
Finished placemats. They do have a few little crinkles here and there, but I still think they look quite good.
Oh and I couldn't resist covering one of them with a little bit of the Where's Wally doona cover that has already been used for about 10 projects.
My model showing how to use the placemat for breakfast this morning.
Happy Sunday to you all. My husband has to work today so I'm taking my mob to the movies after a morning of (hopefully) running about in the spring sunshine.