During the holidays the kids and I went to the op shop (we had to really, it was op shop week so it would have been rude not to), and found this old wooden dolls bed for a few dollars. Since I seem to be on a bit of a doll theme at the moment I thought I would fix it up today and surprise Juliet when she got home from school. She thought it should be pink and rainbow, so I decided on pink with a rainbow on the head of the bed.
Here is the bed.
I cleaned it up a bit and used a bit of muscle to remove the stickers that looked to have been on there for 30+ years.
Gave it a couple of coats of pink paint. This little guy here kept coming for a look. He was very interested in this project. This was during the first coat.
Then I thought this cute vintage pillowcase would make a good mattress cover.
Here's the finished product.
Another happy customer.