The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 198 - Paper blossom


Yesterday Juliet and  went to a school holiday workshop at the Bendigo art gallery. We have done a workshop each holidays since we moved up here, and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. They run for an hour or so and cost virtually nothing. It's also wonderful getting to work while surrounded by old paintings in a beautiful old building. We are very lucky where we live.

Yesterday's workshop involved making tissue paper flowers and a bird and attaching them to a branch.

Here are some photos of our creation and the workshop.




Pretty cute hey? And super easy to make.

So I thought today, I'd make a flower, and show you how it is done.

Step 1 -  Put 4 to 6 layers of tissue paper on top of on another.


Step 2 - Fan fold the paper


Step 3 - Tie a string around the middle of your fan fold

Step 4 - Cut an arrowhead or point at each end of your fan fold


Step 5 - Spread out the fans.

Step 6 - Gently separate the layers of tissue paper

Step 7 - Keep separating and shape the paper into a shape you like.

And there you have your pretty blossom flower. Enjoy! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying the beautiful Bendigo spring weather. It's currently 25 degrees.







2 comments:

  1. Those make such pretty flowers...and I have some tissue paper...and you gave really good directions...thank you.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I'd love to hear how you go if you do try it.

    ReplyDelete