The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 340 - The vintage tie


I'm still working on making something masculine into something feminine, so I used the rest of the vintage tie from yesterday in today's project. Not sure I'll wear this, but I wanted to try making it anyway.

I made a flower from some lace. First I sewed a row at the bottom of the lace and pulled the threads at each end to gather the fabric, and then I rolled it up to make a flower. I found an old button for the centre of the flower.

I sewed the bottom of the tie onto the top and then added the flower. It was fun to make.





4 comments:

  1. Very clever, very pretty, and you should wear it, I think. Possibly it would look great right at the neckline, as a very feminine tie?

    Sharon, you have 25 more days left. What are your plans for after this 365 days is done? Are you going to try another 365 day project?

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce. I tried it right at the neckline first but I didn't like it at all. That was the original plan.

    I don't think I can handle doing another 365 project, this has been very full on. I will still be making stuff though so I think I will have another blog based on making things from recycled and vintage things, which is what I love doing. Maybe 52 projects instead of 365.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, Sharon. My one and only all-the-way-thru 365 project was to draw a Zentangle a day, and that was a problem at times. I've tried three other projects: A new craft a day, a postcard a day, and then a meal description/recipe/idea a dy, and those three all fell by the wayside. So now I just tangle on occasion, or do a little painting on occasion. I think it's wonderful that you've managed to come up with a new idea every day and then managed to find the time to post it!!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. A zentangle a day would have taken a bit of time. Well done. I don't think I'd have kept it up without the blog, it's been a great motivator, although the blog bit has sometimes been a struggle, with my old dinosaur of a computer. It's been an awesome project though.

    ReplyDelete