The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 332 - Paper flowers - little golden books and maps


These are some flowers for my valentine. Valentines day my style.

Paper flowers from little golden book pages, with sticks from my backyard as stems. These are in a wine bottle with a tea towel wrapped around it. I love the pretty colours and I hope Mr Crafty does too. x




Then I made a map paper flower using a cheese box as the base to glue on to and just cutting out lots of petal shapes and layering them up. I used a scrap of doily for the centre, which I painted with a glue paint mixture, and dressed up a pesto jar with a baby jumper sleeve for the vase. (The jumper had holes in the wool :-( )



Happy Valentines Day everyone. xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I love those flowers, they are adorable. Did you make them just by folding them, or did you have to cut pieces and adhere them together?

    The hearts from the map, on top of the book, are great, too. You're so imaginative, I envy you. :-)

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I might make these for the Op Shop to sell. Thanks for the idea.....I really like how you have managed to use the happy cow box as your base for the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce there is lots of folding and then gluing 4 'petals' together. Two of my kids are really into happy cow cheese and I haven't been able to throw out the boxes. Thanks ladies.

    ReplyDelete