The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 330 - Sunglasses protector


I am always rummaging around in my handbag trying to find my sunglasses, amongst the muesli bars, sultana packets, spare jocks and toy cars. Here is today's solution.

Firstly here are a couple of things I couldn't resist buying whilst out looking for a waistcoat at the op shops on the weekend for Liam's olden days outfit.

Some vintage willow tins, needing a little TLC, and this vintage tea towel and pot holder set still in packaging.



 Pot holder.

Fold in half and sew along the long edge and bottom.

Attach a shower curtain hook to the loop at the top and hang off the edge of my bag. It can hang inside or outside the bag and also protect my sunglasses.


I have also been performing some radical life saving head transplant surgery on this blankie. You may remember this patient from a couple of months ago. This time he was so worn out I had to transplant his head onto a new body, hopefully giving him another couple of years to live.

What have you been up to today? 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love those willow tins. They did a lot of cool stuff.
    Just had a flick through your recent posts... looks very productive! A yarn-bomber - big ups to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunglasses protector and as usual, I'm blown away by your creativity.

    Also love the tins...I buy tins when I find them in thrift shops, too. Sometimes for storage, sometimes just for pretty.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. The kids immediately stole the tins and filled them with toys. Must reclaim. Craft area is so out of control. Bit like my brain!

    ReplyDelete