The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 257 - Advent Calendar - Wall


I have had a totally amazing day today for the first official day of summer and the first day of September. Took the whole family to see Hotel Transylvania at the movies this morning which was a big success, then got kicked out of the house for a few hours while Mr Crafty and the kids worked on a surprise for me (for my birthday which is next month). Spent my 'me time' wisely with a massage and facial (feeling very lucky), then a visit to a pop up vintage clothes shop. I really was walking around on a cloud. Then returned home for a lovely evening with my family, followed by some late night crafting.

Here it is, my take on the advent calendar, ready to surprise the kids in the morning.

Workshop.


Finished calendar.  Inside are mini candy canes, lollies and chocolates.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so clever. I like that one so much more than the ones I've seen for sale in stores. The kids will love it, no doubt. Give them the lollies and the candy canes, and I'll take the chocolate.

    So glad you had a wonderful "me" day! I know you adore you family, but you certainly deserve some pampering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm chocolate. I am on a mission to lose some weight I gained when I was pregnant with Dylan so I haven't had any chocolate for a week. #Determined!

    ReplyDelete