The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Days 279 - 281 From the hospital


Hi everyone. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying some quiet time.

Unfortunately I have been absent from my blog not for good reasons. My little man Dylan woke up from a long sleep a couple of days ago with a strange lump and redness on his neck and I quickly rushed him to emergency. We have been in hospital since then. It has been the worst Christmas of my life but I am happy to say that he is now on the mend, and we are home and could not be happier to be here.



I was at the ironing board on day 279 pressing these pjs when Dylan woke up, so these are 3/4 complete.


I came home for an hour to locate all the presents for my hubby on Christmas eve and did a little bit of wrapping -  experimenting with paper doilies on day 280. I had already painted some doilies a few days earlier with this idea in mind so it provided a half hour distraction at an intense time when my brain felt like it could barely function.















On Christmas day the family came in and we made paper planes and had a flying competition in the hospital. That was day 281.









Other than that I have spent days cradling my baby, and I am so thankful that he is ok, and life with soon be back to the everyday chaos that is my beautiful family.

Peace and love to everyone. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no what a terrible way to spend your Christmas :( glad to hear your little boy is ok now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life throws us many challenges. Glad that you have overcome this hurdle and all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I am so lucky to have such healthy children. This was really scary and I really didn't like being away from the rest of my family either, especially my 3 year old who usually seems so old but suddenly still seemed so little. Hope you both enjoyed your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete