The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 282 - A doll - hospital inspired :-)


While Dylan was in hospital the nurse gave the other kids some plain calico dolls to draw on and keep them occupied when they visited. Liam was quite inspired by this and ended up making his into superman.

He asked me to help him to make another one today so we did this together. It's a quiet day to be with my family and share activities with them.

Photos of the hospital doll, Liam cutting out a pattern which I then sewed, Liam stuffed it and decorated it.

Now he has a new toy. :-)






4 comments:

  1. Sharon, you poor darling, I'm so sorry you had such a scare, and such a horrid Christmas, but so glad to read that Dylan is home again. What did the medical folks decide was wrong with him? Strange lumps are terrifying, I know...mine are grown up now, but I remember being so scared for my boys when they were small. I had wondered why you weren't posting, and now that I know, again, I'm just so sorry your baby was sick. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Hope you had a lovely and restful Christmas. It was some kind of rare bacterial infection. They weren't really sure but the drugs worked so we are all happy with that. He is very happy today and hopefully that is the worst Christmas we will ever have.

      Delete
  2. Ok, thanks. I'm so pleased for you that he's ok, I know you had to be absolutely terrified, bless your heart.

    Thanks for asking, but my Christmas was horrid: I worked 12 hours, so i wasn't a happy camper...and actually, not a very nice one, either...at all. But it's over for another year, your baby is ok, so it's all good. Amen.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh 12 hours of work does sound awful. I hope your service was appreciated! I must say that being in hospital for Christmas I felt so thankful for all of the wonderful nurses, doctors, cooks, cleaners etc who looked after us so well.

    ReplyDelete