The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 296 - Creativity is contagious


We have just returned from a few days away at the river in beautiful Bright. It was indeed very hot, with temperatures reaching 44, 42, 42 and 40 degrees. The average temperature for the whole of Australia was over 40, which is a record for our hot country. The threat of bushfires is very much on our minds now, but we still spent a beautiful few days escaping the heat by floating in the river and riding waterslides run by the local rotary club.

Here are my three blondies, Juliet doing her 'cannonball', and me parasailing off the nearby mountains for my birthday.


My craft for the day is computer based, creating some collages and dedications to the incredible crafting efforts of my entire family, which they have been working on for the past few weeks.

For my birthday James made me this amazing advent calendar, where the gifts keep coming for 40 days under the themes of love, fun, people and places around me, and celebration. Wow! I love it so much and feel utterly spoilt.
Liam and Juliet made me this massive poster of me, and the bottom photo is of the parasail ready for launch.



Aidan made me this framed picture using paint in spray bottles, and Liam, Juliet and Aidan chose some old photos, cardstock and embellishments to make me these stunning pictures.





I opened day three of my calendar this morning and was presented with these earrings handmade by James and Juliet, in a box also made my James and Juliet. Mr Crafty is not usually crafty at all. I'm blown away!
I'm outclassed by my own family.


Juliet made me this tshirt which symbolises a hug from her.


And even Dylan made this tshirt, my new little walker, so proud of his newly learnt skills.


I've been showered with gifts, inexpensive and unique, which have made my birthday the most special, memorable and amazing birthday ever. I can't wait to see what lies ahead for the next 37 days.

In my twenties I was lucky enough to be able to travel the world, adventurous enough to work on 4 continenents, and to find a job I adored in teaching. In my thirties I married the love of my life, had 4 beautiful children, and found a dream home in the bush after many years in the city. Turning 40 was a wonderful experience with my family, combined with launching myself off a mountain and faceplanting into the landing paddock with my usual grace and coordination. I can't wait to see what adventures life will bring me in my forties. They may not always be easy but I know they will be filled to the brim.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant story while the presents from the children are unique and special. Love the hug t-shirt. They are all great gifts made with an infinity of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sharon!!! What a wonderful birthday for you, bless your heart. Those t-shirts are amazing...so is everything else, too, but the t-shirts? OMG!! I'm so happy for you!! Happy Birthday, and may God bless you with many, many more.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mezzy and Joyce. Very spoilt! Feeling the love.

    ReplyDelete