The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 23 - Reversible baby hat from 2 baby singlets. Why not?

Today's challenge was a bit of a joke. The way my random brain works sometimes. I was sitting looking at 2 brightly coloured ribbed baby singlets and thinking of the cold mornings we have started to have this autumn when an idea sprung to mind.

I wondered if a reversible baby hat could be made from 2 singlets. Why not try? The sewing is a bit rough and ready and the stitching isn't my best, it's more of a mock-up, but the answer is yes.

Craft cupboard materials


- 2 singlets (or 2 ribbed or knit fabrics)




I just cut a half moon shape twice from the bottom of each singlet then sewed it all the way around leaving the bottom edge open. Then I turned one inside out and put the right side one inside the other one and sewed all around leaving an opening to turn. Lastly, I turned the hat the right side out and topstitched the bottom edge closing the little hole as I did that. All done!

The model.....


I think he likes the orange more....

No comments:

Post a Comment