The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 32 - Crafting with my five year old

My daughter 5 year old Juliet was home from school today after a traumatic day yesterday when she had to get a tooth pulled out. I took her along to playgroup this morning and she was cheered up by playing with some of the younger kids and having some cake for a birthday. I was extremely proud when on the way home in the car she announced that an empty cellophane bag that had contained a few party lollies would be useful. Her words: "I'm going to keep this bag, it'll be very useful". My heart swelled and I beamed with pride.

We came inside and she asked for a hair band and some green paint. She puffed some air into the bag, put the hair band on and proceeded to paint the bag green. After the paint dried, off came the band, and a face was added. A hand puppet was born. I just loved her spontaneous creativity and her use of 'rubbish' to make something.

Later on, she found an empty toilet roll and drew a person on one side and wrote the names of family members on the other. She was on a roll....All of this was unprompted by me.

She's really into drawing big mouths full of teeth which look a little scary to me but they are supposed to be happy faces. I love them.

Lastly - she drew the picture below, and is now busy cutting it out. I'm not allowed to know what it is going to be yet. Oh the suspense.

As for me, I've been drafting a pattern and cutting up a vintage curtain to make something a little special. But that's a story for another day.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.








2 comments:

  1. Hey shaz, Juliet your a gorgeouse girl love your creation. Shaz I love too what you've been making Ive been making some skirts and other stuff from some old clothes. Love Lilybelle.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilybelle. I'd love to see your creations. Very happy to hear that you've been creating. :)

      Delete