The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 40 - Reversible baby pants from a doona cover, men's shirt and scraps.



What do an old Where's Wally doona (duvet to some) cover, a men's shirt, and a scrap of old chenille bedspread have in common? A pair of reversible baby pants of course.

I've been wanting to make these pants for a while, based on a pattern by Anna Maria Horner from her 'Handmade Beginnings' book.

I had already made some pants about a year ago from the doona cover for one of my boys, and the bedspread (which I found on the footpath during hard garbage week and gave a good clean) has been used in many, many of my sewing projects. There is only a tiny bit left. I decided to use one of my husband's old shirts to complete the project.


We are going on holidays for a few weeks later this year and I think these reversible pants will be awesome to pack - you only need half the number of pants in your bag.

Front - 


Back -

A little spill? Turn them inside out and.....I left the shirt pocket on the front so there is even a pocket feature on the front leg.


The model doesn't need any help in the cute department. But they are adorable on him.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment