The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 74 - Drawstring bags


I'm very busy getting everything ready for a stall I'm having at a baby and kids market this weekend. I'm just selling off a bit of 'garage sale' type stuff but I can't believe how much work there has been in sorting it out and washing and cleaning it. I'll be glad when it's over. Between a baby and the kids and the dogs there has been a lot of sleep disruptions this week too!

Anyway today is a super simple and quick one. I have just made a couple of drawstring bags. You can make them in any size to use up leftover fabric and you don't need any special sewing skills. I sometimes make little ones for party treat bags and just use the overlocker instead of the sewing machine. You can see I used lace instead of string for the larger bag.

They are handy for storing things in - and really good for those toys with lots of little parts that tend to end up all around the house.

Thanks again to all those who read my blog and keep me motivated, I can't believe I've managed to keep going because the last 3 plus weeks of my life have been so crazy. There are two winners of the pendants as drawn from one of these bags and I will be sending out. The winners are Helen and Lilybelle.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much shaz.
    I also thought today's project was very cute. Love Lilybellexxxx

    ReplyDelete