The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 95 - Knitting Nancy - 80's


You're allowed to laugh at today's creation. I certainly am.

I dug out my eighties knitting Nancy and gave it a workout. Something tells me that back then I either had more time, a lot of patience or more skills. Maybe it was a combination of all three. Anyway I spent about 2 hours and got a callous on one finger and all I ended up with was these three little bits of rope.

The first red one was wool, then I thought a finer one might be nice so I used some embroidery thread. Then I made an earring using the top of an old broken one. I don't think I'll be setting up and etsy shop in the near future to sell these. Oh well, at least I gave it a go. Nancy is going back to the box where she came from, unless my daughter wants to give it a try in a couple of years.





1 comment:

  1. It is sad that you have given up on your knitting nancy, I currently manage a worldwide group on Yahoo called Spoolknitter where you can find lots of things to make. Instead of using your fingers, use a crochet hook, a large needle, or perhaps a small knitting needle. But there are other tools that come with the new knitters - also known as knitting spool, dolly bobbin, french knitter, etc. Perhaps if you first take a look at Flickr Spool Knitter you might find some inspiration (another of my groups) perhaps we might see you there. ... cheers from Maz in Oz (also a collector of the knitting spools)

    ReplyDelete