The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 48 - 7 days and 7 ways to use an old dictionary - Final instalment


Is it just me? Did I watch to much TV as a kid or is this totally awesome? Or maybe it's the fact that I absolutely love the film 'Shawshank Redemption'. I really wanted to make one of these for my son Liam, who is 7. It reminds me of secret diaries, and the joys of having your own little secrets as a kid.

I googled and found this tutorial http://how2dostuff.blogspot.com.au/2006/02/how-to-make-secret-hollow-book.html. But let me just say that this is hard work, and my fingers have developed a few extra callouses. It has ended up looking a little rough, but after a couple of hours working on it I had had enough. Still, it seems a fitting end to my dictionary craft week which has been a lot of fun.

Pictures below of me gluing the outside first, then cutting out the pages, and finally, storing some little man loot.




No comments:

Post a Comment