The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 69 - DIY bookshelf


Still had some visitors around until about 3pm today but after they left I was very excited to start this project for my little Aidan.

Mum got him this cube storage shelf from target and I was very proud of myself for being able to follow all of the diagrams and put it together. I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment.

Then I got a vintage duvet cover from my stash and stretched some over the top of the shelf and one square of the back. Next I cut a couple of pictures I liked from the duvet cover and stuck them on to the back of the 2 remaining cubes that have a back. I love it! I think the fabric is so cute and the vibrancy of it really suits my happy go lucky little man. He loves it too. When my kids are happy I'm usually pretty happy too.

Hope everyone has had a weekend as amazing as mine. What will I make tomorrow?







2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic shaz. Yes our weekend was fantastic aswell. Love Lilybellexxxx!

    ReplyDelete