The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 59 - How to make bunting - easy.


I made some bunting today for a birthday coming up in our house next week.

Here's how you make it. You can use up lots of fabric scraps

Firstly cut your triangles to whatever size you would like to make your bunting. Mine are 30cm on one slightly longer side and about 28cm on the other two sides.

Next, sew them up on the two shorter sides, leaving the bottom open. Turn right side out and use a chopstick or something pointy to poke out the point and the end.

You don't need to worry about being too neat with the ends and raw edge because it will be hidden anyway.


Press the triangles with a hot iron and then top stitch along the two sewn sides nice and close to the edge. I used a red thread for contrast.


Next I just use some bias binding to hang them off.


Fold and iron the bias binding in half along it's length and then slip the triangles between the two layers and pin in place. I like to leave a little gap between each triangle. The spacing depends on personal taste.


 Sew along the whole length of the binding. Mine was a 3m length.


Here they are hanging up - I made the pink ones a couple of years ago for my daughter's birthday.


1 comment:

  1. Looks great. Me and nan have been planning to make some of these sometime aswell. Love Lilybelle xxx

    ReplyDelete