The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 50 - Cubby reno from the craft cupboard



Today was a beautiful sunny autumn day here, the kind you know there won't be many more of with winter approaching at a rapid rate. It seemed essential on a day like this to be outdoors, so I opted for some cubby craft. I've been fixing up the neglected cubby that we got with our property with the help of my nearly 3 year old son.

I thought I'd share what we did today.

Firstly, the 'before' photos from this morning. This is the roof and floor.



Next - supplies.




I had used some of my fabric stash to drape from the roof and line the floor, and an old carpet remnant that was lying around in the garage.

Here are some 'after' photos of the roof and floor.



Then we did some decorating. Some pictures we made and some more paper flowers to hang from the ceiling. Starting to look pretty good. Anyone want to come over for a play?





Hung the flowers.

These guys are pretty happy! We've added a vintage fabric cushion and a vintage sesame street beanbag we found at the op shop for $2.


2 comments:

  1. Love what you did, I would love to come for a play tehe, say hello to every one love Lilybelle

    ReplyDelete