The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 68 - The final birthday instalment



Had a wonderful day today celebrating my hubby's 40th with a surprise party. Loved having friends and family here for this day and the gods looked favourably upon us as the sun shone. Phew!

I decided to make a guest signing book from a coloured paper pad the kids have been using. There are lots of pages where half a page has been scribbled on so I used my box cutter knife to trim them to size, added cardboard for front and back covers and some lettering for the front. Then I punched some holes in one side and tied it together with some string which is a bit like t-shirt fabric. (It is called 1001 use string - maybe that could be my next blog - 1001 things to do with string).






Also made another pinata which was very much a rush job due to the dog eating my earlier attempt. A bit rough but still enjoyed by the kids so all is good. Really appreciating how good my life is right now and happy to be where I am with my fabulous family and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment