The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 56 - Refashion old favourite tunic/dress to skirt and headband





Another tough day at our place spent in doctor's waiting rooms confirming my daughter has a broken collar bone from her accident last week. She's been so brave.

This project was so easy it almost feels like cheating. I have a very well loved tunic dress that I've worn to death and still love, but it's a bit stretched and out of shape from being worn through two pregnancies.

Here are the photos.


First cut - always a little sad.







Roll over and create a waistband. Add some elastic. Pretty cute skirt now. I still love the fabric and it's really comfortable. Love the buttons too.




Made a little headband with the extra fabric for the mini gorgeous invalid below.


No comments:

Post a Comment