The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 139 - Let's go fly a kite


Another awesome day spent with my family today with a morning of yabbying in our dam, a long lunch of sweet and savoury crepes and an afternoon of crafting and kite flying.

We decided to make some paper kites which are really easy to make and fly amazingly well. We used this online 2 minute tutorial here to make our kites.

We had a great time running up and down the driveway flying our kites, until a couple of falls and skin off knees and then some rain sent us inside again.

Here are some pictures of our fun.






And a little video.


And just because she is so cute, here's a photo of my daughter yabbying at the dam.


3 comments:

  1. YAY!! You fixed it, and I can post, lol...you might get tired of me, ya never know. But thanks for fixing it, I appreciate you.

    Ok, what is "yabbying?" Just sitting in a canvas chair by the creek? Yabbying is a word us Yanks don't use.

    Joyce..from fb

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries :)

    A yabby is a small crustacean like a crayfish but quite small so you just dangle a string in the water with some meat tied onto the end and see if they come along and bite it. Then toss them back in usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I appreciate the explanation.

    ReplyDelete