The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 140 - Pirate Treasure Maps


Happy Monday everyone! I have to admit that with my current schedule I usually love Mondays. I drop the two big kids off at school and then take my two little people out for cinos before Aidan's toddler music class starts at 10:15. He loves it so much that I just adore taking him and we have so much fun together. It really sets up my week.

Today was a little different. My Liam was home from school sick and had kept us up most of the night with a fever and throwing up. Poor little man.

It was a busy day as usual but when Juliet came home from school we decided to make treasure maps. We did ask Aidan to join us but he was busy throwing his first ever major tantrum for the entire half an hour we took to make our maps. Maybe next time....

We drew up the maps, then used a tea bag and some charcoal from our fire to make them look older. Then we burnt the paper around the edges. It was all very exciting and we felt terribly bad and crazy.

We finished off by dressing up as pirates and putting on some music to dance around the lounge room too. Everyone's mood seemed to improve with the tunes and several new dance moves were created on the dance floor. Music has the power to heal and we fell about laughing at each other's dancing.

Here's what we made. Aaaaargh!




No comments:

Post a Comment