The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 156 - Book Week - Giant Peach Costume


Yes it's book week again and the kids chose what they wanted to dress as. Today's costume is Juliet's. Originally she was going to go as a pencil but then she decided on the giant peach from 'James and the Giant Peach'. Always willing to create a challenge for her mother.

Here's what we did.

I decided to use cardboard for the costume so I purchased a sheet of orange cardboard but it needed to be a bit stiffer so I used this old box and glued it onto the front. Then I cut out the peach shapes and the other characters from the book.




 And lastly, used some fabric glue to glue the peach onto the front of one of Dad's old shirts so that the costume is easy to take on and off.

She's very happy with it.

Someone else wanted a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment