The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 150 - Yarn Bombing


I have a couple of new people who have joined my blog. Thankyou, thankyou! The support really keeps me going and I actually can't believe I've managed to make something for 150 days straight now. Soon I'll be up to half a year and it's been a pretty awesome time.

As for today's craft, yarn bombing has taken over the city of Bendigo where I live this winter. Here are some of the examples to be found around town that I adore.




So I decided to do some yarn bombing of my own.

I made some pom poms (this took me a few evenings).





And this is my driveway with my lovely blossoming pear trees. It made me smile, and I needed a boost today. The kids are still sick and it's getting me down a bit.






5 comments:

  1. Love the idea of yarn bombing. Would love to sneak out into my local community in the middle of the night and redecorate eye-sores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Mezzy. It's really brightened up the concrete mall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes the pear trees look really cute, I like it a lot. Looks good in downtown Bendigo, too.

    I hope your babies get better. They are such little cutiepies. BTW, are you going to let the youngest model the new tie-dye baby onesies you made?

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll put one up. They were hung on the line in glorious sunshine and it hasn't stopped raining since, so they sat in the rain for a couple of days. Everyone is a lot better now except the youngest little man, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yarn bombing! I did wonder what it was called. It's all over Yarraville too. Looks lovely on the pear tree.

    ReplyDelete