The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 153 - Coat spruce


Ok, so I'm doing a bit of midnight blogging and crafting. I'm leaving for Melbourne early tomorrow so won't have much time, and anyway, sleep is for the weak isn't it?

Have I mentioned how much I dislike winter? Blah! I try to be positive in life but winter is something I cannot find a lot to love about. There's jumping in puddles, listening to frost melt, and my fire, but those are just temporary distractions.

I have had this winter coat for so many years. Before kids (BC). It needed a brighten up. We are heading to Melbourne tomorrow for a wedding in the evening and since it's so cold I thought I may need the coat to get to and from the wedding so I needed to give it some colour. Here's how it went down.

Ingredients - coat, fabric, self cover buttons, little stuffed Russian dolls I got at a market a couple of months ago.




New look. Better! I'm feeling a bit camera shy in these wee hours of the morning.


I love checking on my kids before I go to bed at night. This is what Mr Divine looks like in the wee hours of this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment