The 365 Day Challenge

My goal is to create something every day using something from my craft cupboard. I am a self-confessed fabric addict and just love to fossick through thrift shops and find treasures.

So here goes. Live, love, recycle and get crafting.



Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 151 - Fabric Covered Shoes


This possibly falls under the category of ruining a good pair of shoes, but I really wanted to try this so here it is. If my personality was different I would have tried it out on another (cheaper, older) pair, but I'm more of a dive straight in and sink or swim kind of person.

Shoes (the only pair of heels I own)






Some of my favourite fabric by Amy Butler.




Glue





Still gluing.

I put a layer of polyurethane on these but one shoe came out perfectly, and on the other one the polyurethane went a little bit bubbly in one spot. I added some buttons to disguise that a little and sprayed them with a clear lacquer to waterproof. Not perfect, but not bad for a first effort. I'll be wearing them to the wedding with my vintage dress, if only because I don't have any other shoes.

Stop raining!!! Please.


And as requested, here is a photo of little Dylan in tie dye. Complete with red nose, snot and dribble. Bless his little heart.


5 comments:

  1. Sharon they are great. You have taken a safe dull shoe and made it magic. Love the fabric combination. Love the quirky nature of this refashion. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the shoes, and "might" do a pair of my old ones that way. The buttons were a wonderful touch. What kind of glue did you use? Will regular old school-type(Elmer's, here in the States)glue work?

    Thanks for posting the pic of your little one, the shirt looks cool on him. Bless his little heart, I hope he gets over his cold soon. He doesn't look like his happy little self at all, at all.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mezzy. Hi Joyce, I used decopauge glue but I think school glue would work the same but I'd probably add a little bit of water to thin it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erica. A little person pair might have to be next.

    ReplyDelete